Tuesday 7 August 2012

Fun with wedding math!

So... wedding venue math. Fun.
All venue information is from here: http://www.wayside.org/files/2012%20Wedding%20Package.pdf
Venue Costs
Since we will be having an afternoon wedding in April, that gives us a charge of $1500 for the main dining room.

Wee will be doing the Mary Martha Dinner which is $59.95/person. So if we have 100 people (which is my goal) the total would be $5995. Plus we need to add a the 18% gratuity... which is $1079.10, making the meal for 100 people $7074.10.

Add the venue, we're looking at $8574.10. Plus apparently there is a $200 bartender fee. Now we're at $8774.10.

If we were to have the wedding at the chapel, that's an extra $750; $9524.10.
If we were to have the wedding in the garden instead, it's an extra $250; $9024.10.

So.. we're looking at somewhere between $9000-$9500, just for the wedding+reception!


I like roses. Of course, they are very expensive. I also like orchids, which I think I might go with since they are less expensive. Plus, it's kind of different.
I have broken down what I need for flowers.
  • 1 bridal bouquet
  • 2 maid of honor bouquets
  • 4 bridesmaid bouquets
  • 2 corsages
  • 9 boutonnieres 
  • 2 flower girl bouquets
  • 0 centerpieces because I plan on doing those myself
  • 1 place card bouquet



Mistine Orchid corsage. Really pretty, right?
And the bridal bouquet, really pretty! Ok, I think I'm sold on these orchids! So... how much do they cost?

Frugal flowers has four different packages and an a la carte menu to add whatever you need.


Dendrobium Orchids (A la carte)
Bridal Bouquet $80
Maid of Honor Bouquet $60
Bridesmaid Bouquet $40
Flower Girl (petite) Bouquet $20
Corsages $30
Boutonnieres $10
Centerpieces $40
Altar Piece (place card table) $90

So... this is the cheapest:
Let's Tie the Knot $295.00                    From A la Carte
1 Bridal Bouquet                        (1)          +$0
1 Maid of Honor Bouquet          (2)          +$60
2 Corsages                                (2)          +$0
4 Boutonnieres                          (9)           +$10*5=$50
1 Altar Piece (place card table)  (1)          +0
0 Bridesmaids                            (4)          +$40*5=$200
0 Flower girls                             (2)          +$20*2=$40

So, for my bouquet, I'm thinking of having the Sonia color since it'll pop out and will coordinate with the bridesmaids. For the bridesmaids, I'm thinking of the Mistine color so it doesn't blend in too much with their dresses. Flower girls... I'm going to go with the Sonia color. Corsages and boutinnieres? Either one. Doesn't matter. Though, I might end up going all mistine if they don't let me change around the colors for the package.

So... the total for this + a la carte is.... $645 ($295+$60+$50+$200+$40)

All the other packages include centerpieces which I don't need since I'm making my own.

On to photography... John's brother is friends with a photographer... he's given us a quote between $500-$800, which I think is pretty damn good. 

John's putting us at a budget of $15,000, so if we add the total of the most expensive venue, flowers, and most expensive photography.. we're at $10,696.10, giving us $4030.90 for the DJ and any other expenses that may come up. We also need to think about invitations, which I think we'll do ourselves, instead of getting them professionally done.

Any other expenses I'm forgetting about?




No comments:

Post a Comment